speex upgrade to 1.1.12 ?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Feb 22 17:42:51 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:03:12 -0600, Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at icir.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 05:44:38PM -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>
>> It looks like your wish comes true. ;-)
>>
>> Ubuntu:             1.1.12
>> Fedora Core 6:      1.2beta1
>> Mandriva One:       1.1.12
>> Gentoo:             1.1.12
>> Debian (stable):    1.1.6
>> Debian (unstable):  1.1.12
>>
>> I think I can go with 1.2beta1, but update in speex-devel first to see
>> if
>> it works well. After that, I can do the speex-devel -> speex and wait
>> for
>> pointyhat to pour the error logs. Are you willing to help with this?
>
> already tried both - 1.2beta1 compiles rather cleanly,
>  if you want to have a look at the ports, they are at
>
> http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/FreeBSD/speex-20070221.tgz

Haven't taken a look at this one yet, but it will be same with speex-devel
when I do the speex-devel -> speex.

> http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/FreeBSD/speex-devel-20070221.tgz

Why remove two patches? They are not need anymore? I can build with two
patches w/out any of problem. As for the Makefile, I have done a bit tweak
 from your changes. Example:

-PORTVERSION -> DISTVERSION.
-CONFLICTS=speex-*, this is incorrect and is too general. It should be
speex-[0-9]*.
-Remove 'devel version' and peroid. An end of peroid in the sentence is
illegal in COMMENT.
-INSTALLS_SHLIB -> USE_LDCONFIG.
-CONFIGURE_TARGET -> USE_GNOME=gnometarget
-Add USE_GNOME=ltverhack to avoid shared library version bump to often by
fix libtool bug.
-Add CONFIGURE_ENV by add -I/-L${LOCALBASE}/[...] to make it works when
install speex in the different prefix.
-Remove MAKE_ENV, I don't think it is need.

I am not done (have to go back to class soon) with it yet, so if you have
any of question then let me know.

Cheers,
Mezz

> cheers
> luigi

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org