snd_hda: no input

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 19 19:53:05 UTC 2007

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 09:05:12 -0800
Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at icir.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 12:59:27AM +0800, Ariff Abdullah wrote:
> > On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 18:46:54 +0300
> > Pavel Argentov <argentoff at rtelekom.ru> wrote:
> > >
> > > I've just found that on my hda (pcm0: <HDA Codec: Realtek
> > > ALC883>) input  channels don't work: I can't record anything.
> > > I'll post my verbose dmesg in a  short while.
> > >

> > How about setting recording device to "vol", increase mic,rec, and
> > cd
>
> aha, but that hits the bug i am seeing :) the driver believes it is
> recording from 'vol' but the input mixer on the hardware
> is still stuck on 'mic'.
> At least on my hardware...

Ok guys, try setting hint.pcm.0.config="novref" (using kenv) and
reload snd_hda (or using /boot/device.hints, but require a reboot).

If that works, well, that's good. You can ignore the rest of this
message or you may continue reading this and give me another round of
feedback after doing your own thorough test.

I put new source/binary module here (pick any of it):

http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/test/hdac.c

http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/test/snd_hda.ko

It provides "igain" control for microphone boost. Try playing with it.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........