vic patches for video4linux support

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri Feb 9 19:36:27 UTC 2007

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 12:54:14 -0600, Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at icir.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 12:44:06PM -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 09:33:53 -0600, Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at icir.org> wrote:
>> > + fix configure to look for videodev.h in the place where it is on
>> >   FreeBSD, and disable v4l2 support for the time being as there
>> >   is none as far as i know;
>>
>> Disapprove because of hardcore. You should be replace from
>> patch-configure
>> to REINPLACE_CMD with ${LOCALBASE}. Something like this (untest):
>
> Thanks for looking at it.
>
> will look at how to improve the patch, however what you suggest is
> not enough in this case:

Yes, it is in my second suggest.

> there are [at least] two instances of the match
> pattern, one of which i want to replace, the other i do not.

You have strip out my other suggest about %%LOCALBASE%%, which it's what
you want. Example:

patch-configure:
=============================
%%LOCALBASE%%/include/linux
=============================

Makefile:
=============================
[...]
@${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's|%%LOCALBASE%%|${LOCALBASE}|g' \
=============================

> (also consider that the source is basically dead - nobody
> is going to change it so there is little point in being
> flexible on the input).

>> > + add -I/usr/local/include in the search path, for the above file;
>>
>> Why? The CONFIGURE_ENV doesn't work?
>
> will try it, thanks

If the one that we already have CONFIGURE_ENV doesn't work, then I am ok
with patch. Have you test it without patch?

Cheers,
Mezz

> cheers
> luigi

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org