Intel ICH7 High Definition Audio - supported?

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 2 19:20:19 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 15:52:47 -0200
"Victor Loureiro Lima" <victorloureirolima at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/2/2, Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no>:
> > On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 22:39:14 -0200
> > Victor Loureiro Lima <victorloureirolima at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >      those two modules be automatic:
> > >      ---
> > >       sound_load="YES"
> > >       snd_hda_load="YES"
> >
> > You should only need the snd_hda module. What happens if you only
> > load the snd_hda module?
>
> Same kernel panic, in fact at first I only tried to load snd_hda.ko,
> and after the panic
> I decided to load sound before it, but basically the same bug
> happens!
>
> victor  loureiro lima

Don't get mixed up with whatever default sound.ko you have there.
Overwrite every snd_* _and_ sound.ko in /boot/kernel/ with new
modules.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........