FreeBSD Port: devel/liboil there is no liboil-0.3.10.tar.gz on any mirror

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 17:10:28 UTC 2007

On 2/2/07, Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri <almarrie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/2/07, Scot Hetzel <swhetzel at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 2/2/07, Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri <almarrie at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > http://gstreamer.sourceforge.net/
> > > ===>   Returning to build of gstreamer-plugins-0.10.11,2
> > > ===>   gstreamer-plugins-0.10.11,2 depends on shared library: popt.0 - found
> > > ===>   gstreamer-plugins-0.10.11,2 depends on shared library:
> > > oil-0.3.1 - not found
> > > ===>    Verifying install for oil-0.3.1 in /usr/ports/devel/liboil
> > > You can enable 3dnow extensions by defining
> > > WITH_3DNOW_GCC40=yes
> > >
> > > Note: liboil will depend on gcc4.0+ with WITH_3DNOW_GCC40
> > > defined.
> > > => liboil-0.3.10.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
> > > => Attempting to fetch from http://liboil.freedesktop.org/download/.
> > > fetch: http://liboil.freedesktop.org/download/liboil-0.3.10.tar.gz: No
> > > address record
> >
> > I had a look on the web site (http://liboil.freedesktop.org/download)
> > and the file does exist on that server.  Either try fetching the file
> > again or manually download the file.
> >
> > Scot
> > --
> > DISCLAIMER:
> > No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.
> >

> Scot,
>
> I did that from http://liboil.freedesktop.org/download/ and it went
> ok, but the file isn't in the rest of the FreeBSD mirrors, could you
> please check the rest mirrors out?

Looks like ahze forgot to upload a copy to
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/ahze/.

or it got lost in the server crash of ftp-master arround Dec 4th.

I also see from the 2007-01-24 03:10 i386 error logs on pointyhat,
that the file is missing from ftp-master*/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles.

Not sure how the distfiles are updated on ftp-master.

http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-6-full-logs/liboil-0.3.10_1.log

The Distfile Reports shows that the file was missing as far back as
Dec 7th (port was upgraded Nov 19th).

http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/portsurvey/devel.html#liboil

Scot