Building multimedia/vlc on amd64

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Sat Dec 29 01:18:50 PST 2007

On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 11:42:52PM +0100, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> Jonathan Chen pí?e v so 29. 12. 2007 v 09:23 +1300:
>
> > > Funny thing is that the port patches for that. And it compiles nicely on
> > > my machine. How old is your portstree?
> >
> > It's about 3 days old. I got it to build by unchecking the "DTS"
> > option in vlc, but I would like that option back. I'll try re-csup'ing
> > and give that a go.
>
> And your installed libdca is latest&greatest? Anyway looks like a local
> problem, you will need to dig into it. Start with configure output and
> config.log in WRKSRC...

After puzzling over this for a while, I've discovered that I've got
WITH_VLC_MOZILLA_PLUGIN define in ports.conf (which I didn't really
need anyway); and I've confirmed that the vlc port does not build with:

	make WITH_VLC_MOZILLA_PLUGIN=yes

So while it's not a problem for me anymore, it is technically a bug with
the vlc port. Over to the maintainers for to look into this?

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>