TV card on freebsd

Peter Danek sh0gunk0 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 15:53:28 PST 2007

hello, ...
I have some question about Tv card under freebsd OS....
I have readed in handbook that chipsets Brooktree Bt848/849/878/879 or a
Conexant CN-878/Fusion 878a are supported.....
but I think that no all cars with this chipsets will work 100% right, with
sound etc...
I heard that hauppauge are pretty good in freebsd, but they are expensive
and no reasonable in my country (Slovakia)...
Can u give me some tip to any good TV card, good working with the sound and
recording movies to mpeg ?
I need just a little good video quality, clean sound and saving movies to
digital form.... thank you very much ....

PS: what about 3DeMON PV951 with Brooktree Bt878 ??? my friend can sell it
to me a cheap.....