snd_hda on HP DC7700 SFF

Carlos A. M. dos Santos unixmania at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 07:21:49 PST 2007

On Dec 13, 2007 12:03 PM, Ariff Abdullah <ariff at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:03:19 -0200
> "Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a HP Compaq dc7700 Small Form Factor PC, as described here:
> >
> > http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/12454-12454-64287-321860-3328898-3232029.html?jumpid=oc_R1002_USENC-001_HP%20Compaq%20dc7700%20Small%20Form%20Factor%20PC&lang=en&cc=us
> >
> > (sorry for the lengthy URL)
> >
> > The subvendor ID of this machine is 0x2801, not 0x2802 as expected
> > by the code in hdac.c. Also, sound usually is sento to the internal
> > speaker, as long as the phone and line outputs. I was able to make
> > it work better using the attached patch.
>
> I can see that with this patch, you can control headphone volume
> through "phout", am I correct (or, is that what you call better) ?

Correct, I can control both the speaker and headphone volumes. The
output of the mixer command becomes this:

     % mixer
     Mixer vol      is currently set to 100:100
     Mixer pcm      is currently set to  75:75
     Mixer speaker  is currently set to   0:0
     Mixer line     is currently set to  75:75
     Mixer mic      is currently set to   0:0
     Mixer rec      is currently set to   0:0
     Mixer phout    is currently set to 100:100
     Recording source: mic

> > Perhaps there is a more elegant way to do this, so I'd like do hear
> > some opinions before submitting a PR.
>
> No, please, no more PR :) If things can be solved here, no need for
> PR.

Ok, no PR. :-)

> > I can run other tests on my machine, if necessary.
> >

> If it is good enough for you, I guess it must be enough for others
> (with simmilar hardware) as well.

Fine. If you need any additional test and/or debug, just let me know.

--
Carlos A. M. dos Santos