ports/118458: [UPDATE] multimedia/handbrake

Jona Joachim jaj at hcl-club.lu
Wed Dec 12 05:10:56 PST 2007

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:27:11 -0600
"Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 05:42:48 -0600, Jona Joachim <jaj at hcl-club.lu>
> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > I tested it with your latest changes on my system and everything
> > works as expected, on-the-fly DVD ripping was also fine.
> >
> > However it doesn't build in tinderbox.
> >
> > Here is the whole output:
> > http://www.hcl-club.lu/~jaj/stuff/handbrake-0.9.1.log
> >
> > The main problem is that libvorbis doesn't build because it doesn't
> > find libogg:
> >
> > checking for Ogg... no
> > configure: error: must have Ogg installed!
> >
> > (on line 6678)
>
> Umm... I think I see a problem with it. It couldn't find ogg,
> because pkg-config does not exist. I have built handbrake and see in
> the config.log of libvorbis:
>
> ===================================
> configure:20133: found /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
> configure:20146: result: /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
> configure:20164: checking for ogg >= 1.0
> configure:20168: result: yes
> configure:20172: checking OGG_CFLAGS
> configure:20175: result: -I/usr/local/include
> configure:20178: checking OGG_LIBS
> configure:20181: result: -L/usr/local/lib -logg
> ===================================
>
> Ouch, it built with my system's libogg rather than handbrake's
> libogg. It needs to be tweak the PKG_CONFIG_PATH by set it to
> 'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$CONTRIB/lib/pkgconfig'. But after look inside
> libvorbis that there has options:
>
> ===================================
>    --with-ogg=PFX   Prefix where libogg is installed (optional)
>    --with-ogg-libraries=DIR   Directory where libogg library is
> installed (optional)
>    --with-ogg-includes=DIR   Directory where libogg header files are
> installed (optional)
> ===================================
>
> Let's add '--with-ogg-includes=$CONTRIB/include
> --with-ogg-libraries=$CONTRIB/lib' in files/patch-contrib-Jamfile
> after that '--with-ogg=$CONTRIB' to see if it helps in your
> tinderbox. If not then we will have to go with PKG_CONFIG_PATH stuff.

It builds fine in tinderbox with your latest patch!
I also tested the resulting binary in different scenarios and
everything was ok.

> > The are some other minor problems.
>
> What other minor problems?

I think the only thing that remains is:

vhook/drawtext.c:61:10: error: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>
vhook/drawtext.c:62:10: error: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>

on line 642 and 643 in the updated
http://www.hcl-club.lu/~jaj/stuff/handbrake-0.9.1.log

these errors concern the following lines in
contrib/ffmpeg/vhook/drawtext.c:
#include FT_FREETYPE_H
#include FT_GLYPH_H

Those 2 defines aren't referenced in any other file. Strange thing is
it only happens in tinderbox. However these errors are not fatal to the
built.

> > Unfortunately tinderbox always cleans the work folder after it
> > finishes. I don't know how to make it keep it to have a look at
> > what's going wrong.
>
> Are you using MC tinderbox? If yes, there has README at about 290
> line:
>
> ===================================
> Sometimes, the log alone is not sufficient for figuring out
> why a port failed to build.  In such cases, one must also see the
> port's work directory.  To have Tinderbox save this, create an empty
> file called ``.keep'' in the port's directory, and the work directory
> will be tarred, compressed, and copied to ${pb}/wrkdirs/{BUILD}
> (where {BUILD} is the Build name).
> ===================================

Thanks, that's what I needed! :)

> I used to have a MC tinderbox, but that system has died some months
> ago. I haven't buy a cheap system for tinderbox yet.
>
> Cheers,
> Mezz

Regards,
Jona

--
"I am chaos. I am the substance from which your artists and scientists
build rhythms. I am the spirit with which your children and clowns