kern/111767: [pcm] ATI SB450 High Definition Audio Controller sound card doesn't work

Coleman Kane cokane at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 9 20:40:04 PST 2007

The following reply was made to PR kern/111767; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Coleman Kane <cokane at FreeBSD.org>
To: Andy Kosela <andy.kosela at gmail.com>
Cc: Nate Lawson <nate at root.org>, bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/111767: [pcm] ATI SB450 High Definition Audio Controller
 sound card doesn't work
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 23:34:30 -0500

 Andy Kosela wrote:
 > On Dec 9, 2007 8:27 PM, Coleman Kane <cokane at freebsd.org> wrote:
 >
 >> I am going to clean up said dirty hack and then I'll try sending over a
 >> patch with some instructions that depend upon a loader.conf hint to set
 >> the memory range manually. Then hopefully we'll have something working
 >> until some auto-remapper for PCI mem ranges can be implemented. Oh and I
 >> feel dirty now so a shower is probably in order.
 >>
 >> --
 >> Coleman Kane
 >>

 > Excellent!
 > I spent the better half of today trying to get Flash working in native
 > Firefox.. now as I got YouTube videos playing, all I need is the sound
 > :)
 > Awaiting your patch with much anticipation...
 >
 > --
 > Best Regards,
 > Andy Kosela

 Hi,

 I posted updated information here:
 http://www.cokane.org/dokuwiki/freebsd/amd64_compatibility#getting_the_hp_compaq_6715b_working

 Scroll down to the "The OnBoard ATI SB600 HDA Audio Controller" section
 for the real skinny. Basically it creates a patch which can be applied
 to the sys/dev/pci/pci.c on -CURRENT to enable a tunable that allows you
 to manually set the PCI mem I/O range for that particular card (the
 SB600 High-Def Audio Controller). There are a number of instructions for
 using devinfo and pciconf to determine where you have available I/O
 memory available. I'll follow up with some more information on getting
 the SATA controller working tomorrow.

 --
 Coleman Kane