kern/111767: [pcm] ATI SB450 High Definition Audio Controller sound card doesn't work

Andy Kosela andy.kosela at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 12:00:08 PST 2007

The following reply was made to PR kern/111767; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Andy Kosela" <andy.kosela at gmail.com>
To: cokane at freebsd.org
Cc: "Nate Lawson" <nate at root.org>, bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: kern/111767: [pcm] ATI SB450 High Definition Audio Controller sound card doesn't work
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 20:54:40 +0100

 On Dec 9, 2007 8:27 PM, Coleman Kane <cokane at freebsd.org> wrote:
 > I am going to clean up said dirty hack and then I'll try sending over a
 > patch with some instructions that depend upon a loader.conf hint to set
 > the memory range manually. Then hopefully we'll have something working
 > until some auto-remapper for PCI mem ranges can be implemented. Oh and I
 > feel dirty now so a shower is probably in order.
 >
 > --
 > Coleman Kane

 Excellent!
 I spent the better half of today trying to get Flash working in native
 Firefox.. now as I got YouTube videos playing, all I need is the sound
 :)
 Awaiting your patch with much anticipation...

 --
 Best Regards,
 Andy Kosela