ports/118458: [UPDATE] multimedia/handbrake

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri Dec 7 14:57:48 PST 2007

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 16:11:59 -0600, Jona Joachim <jaj at hcl-club.lu> wrote:

> On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 15:49:16 -0600
> "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 00:50:04 -0600, Jona Joachim <jaj at hcl-club.lu>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > The following reply was made to PR ports/118458; it has been noted
>> > by GNATS.
>> >
>> > From: Jona Joachim <jaj at hcl-club.lu>
>> > To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
>> > Subject: Re: ports/118458: [UPDATE] multimedia/handbrake
>> > Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 07:13:02 +0100
>> >
>> >  Sorry for the excessive indentation in MASTER_SITES and DISTFILES,
>> > it did look fine in vim...
>>
>> That's ok, I already have cleaned that in local. Thanks for update
>> HandBrake! I like what you have done with it.
>>
>> I can't get your handbrake build. I keep get this build failure with
>> and without modify of mine. I put the '-dx' back in for jam that way
>> I can see the verbose of build.

<snip>
> Hmm, it never did that to me. Were there any errors or any other
> interesting messages during the built of libdvdcss? What architecture
> are you on? I could only test it on FreeBSD 7 Beta 1 and Beta 4 on i386.
> I couldn't test it on amd64. Could you perhaps provide me a full output
> of the built?

We have same system. :-) Don't worry, I have fixed the build when I took
look a bit deeper. I just added these lines to fix the build.

=============================
USE_AUTOTOOLS=	libtool:15
LIBTOOLFILES=	${WRKSRC}/contrib/a52dec/configure \
		${WRKSRC}/contrib/libdvdcss/configure \
		${WRKSRC}/contrib/libdvdread/configure \
		${WRKSRC}/contrib/faac/configure \
		${WRKSRC}/contrib/lame/configure \
		${WRKSRC}/contrib/mpeg4ip/configure \
		${WRKSRC}/contrib/mpeg2dec/configure \
		${WRKSRC}/contrib/libogg/configure \
		${WRKSRC}/contrib/libsamplerate/configure \
		${WRKSRC}/contrib/libvorbis/configure
=============================

<snip>
>>    - Add post-patch to get this port respect the CC/CXX/CFLAGS/etc in
>> each of ./configure in contrib/Jamfile.
>>    - Modified patch-contrib-Jamfile on ffmpeg part to get respect
>>      CC/PTHREAD_LIBS.
>>    - Re-add '-dx' for verbose build in jam, easier to debug when user
>> report build failure.
>
> Thanks for your changes!

No problem, I will posting an update of patch this evening or tomorrow
when I find time. I did a bit more than just add lines above to fix
libdvdread build.

>> I am not done with that, but it's far what I have right now. I am
>> planning to remove more stuff such as remove all of these -O3, -O4,
>> -O20, -funroll-loops and other flags as should be respect to our
>> CFLAGS. Feel free to take this job if you want to. Also, do you want
>> to take the maintainership? We are willing to give up the
>> maintainership as we have no interest in HandBrake and we will
>> leaving it in dust again in future.
>
> I think HandBrake is actually a great app since it has a lot of
> interesting features like Matroska and DTS support, plus it's easy to
> use.
> I can take maintainership if you want.

That's up to you if you want the maintainership. :-)

> It would be cool if other people could test it and report if it builds
> fine for them.

I will need someone to test with my changes too, since my DVD drive
doesn't work very well with RELENG_7.

Cheers,
Mezz

> Best regards,
> Jona

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org