ports/audio/faad: faad2 cannot be built

Tatsuki Makino tatsuki_makino at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 3 17:10:58 PST 2007

I forgot CC to multimedia at freebsd.org.
This mail is the same as the one sent to "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at
cox.net>.

>> # nice +10 make NOCLEANDEPENDS=y DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES=y clean
>------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>This is more like that I am blaming on. That's my best guess.

Yes.
I was able to procure another machine that was able to reproduce this
problem.
In it, there was a work directory that the source was extracted, patched,
and built.
The problem did not happen when its work directory was deleted.

The first machine might also have remained garbage.
The problem did not happen because garbage had been deleted by the operation
afterwards, with my habit.

> I always make sure the ports tree are complete clean before I try to
> install anything to get the best result.

Yes, sir.
After I also had done it, I should have questioned.

> BTW: I believe that our 'make clean' has improved in a few months ago,
> it's a lot faster now.

My hard disk (ATA100) is a bottleneck.
The hard disk is scheduled to be exchanged for Serial ATA when 6.3 is
released.
At that time, I will feel it.

Thank you very much for your helpful answer.

--
Tatsuki Makino <tatsuki_makino at hotmail.com>