ports/audio/faad: faad2 cannot be built

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Dec 3 12:09:01 PST 2007

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 02:04:48 -0600, Tatsuki Makino
<tatsuki_makino at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry.
> I made a mistake.
>
>>> The machine in which autoconf-1.5 is not installed cannot build faad2.
>> ---------------------------^^^^
>
> Correct sentences are as follows.
> The machine in which automake-1.5 is not installed cannot build faad2.
>
> And, This is log when failing.
>

> # pwd
> /usr/ports/audio/faad
> # nice +10 make NOCLEANDEPENDS=y DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES=y clean
------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is more like that I am blaming on. That's my best guess. Our ports
tree is a bit flaw on this if you installed automake without clean then
later deinstall it. The dependency check will checking on if automake
exists. If not then ports will trying to build/install automake, but it
can't because of work exists then skip it and go ahead trying to
build/install faad. I don't recommend to use NOCLEANDEPENDS.

I always make sure the ports tree are complete clean before I try to
install anything to get the best result.

BTW: I believe that our 'make clean' has improved in a few months ago,
it's a lot faster now.

> ===>  Cleaning for faad2-2.6_1,1
> # nice +10 make NOCLEANDEPENDS=y DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES=y build
> ===>  Extracting for faad2-2.6_1,1
> => MD5 Checksum OK for faad2-2.6.tar.gz.
> => SHA256 Checksum OK for faad2-2.6.tar.gz.
> ===>  Patching for faad2-2.6_1,1
> ===>   Converting DOS text files to UNIX text files
> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for faad2-2.6_1,1
> ===>   faad2-2.6_1,1 depends on executable: gmake - found
> ===>   faad2-2.6_1,1 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/automake-1.5 - not
> found
> ===>    Verifying install for /usr/local/bin/automake-1.5 in
> /usr/ports/devel/automake15
> ===>   Returning to build of faad2-2.6_1,1
> ===>   faad2-2.6_1,1 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/autoconf-2.61 -
> found
> ===>   faad2-2.6_1,1 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/libtool - found
> ===>  Configuring for faad2-2.6_1,1
> /bin/mkdir -p
> /usr/ports/.work/usr/ports/audio/faad/work/faad2/plugins/bmp
> /usr/local/bin/aclocal-1.5: not found
> *** Error code 127
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/audio/faad.
>

> I thought that /etc/make.conf was a cause after this.
> And, I erased make.conf and tried again.
> Then, it succeeded the installation of the faad.
> After it had succeeded once, the failure was not able to be reproduced
> even if make.conf was restored...
>
> Umm... I think it happens to it only just behind the clean install.
> Or, I think my `chaos' setup was bad.
>
> I'm sorry, you were made to spare the expensive time.
> I consult you when it comes to be able to reproduce.

The time is never wasted and nobody is perfect. ;-)

Cheers,
Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org