sound documentation for the snd_hda (Nvidia)

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Sat Dec 1 07:25:49 PST 2007

Stuart Barkley wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 at 17:02 -0500, Chuck Robey wrote:
>
>> The comment in hdac.c is quite clear and definite that it IS going
>> to need a rewrite, that's why I have been asking this.  Do you know
>> this to be true, or false, or is this maybe a guess?
>>
>> But, no matter how well-intentioned, no more guesses, they're just
>> going to confuse me more.
>
> I'm sorry if this isn't as informative or definitive as you (or I)
> would like.  But a couple of minor "facts" gleaned from the CVS logs:
>
> The comment you refer to was in the original code committed by ariff
> on 01-Oct-06.  Since then there have been almost 47 further commits on
> trunk (mostly by ariff).  There have been ~20 commits so far in 2007
> and 3 in November 2007.  It looks like ariff is working on this fairly
> actively.

Wonder why I never thought to take that obvious step?  Thanks, I do
appreciate knowing this.  It frees me, as it were, to begin what I
consider to be my next step, which will be the construction of a far
more detailed diagnostic tool, for the Azalia architecture.  I figure it
would be of huge help if/when I tackle the driver itself.

]