Firewire audio

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 28 06:38:11 PDT 2007

I apologise if this has already been covered, but having searched rather extensively for an answer and now in a hurry to resolve an issue I'm could use some answers to this question.I understand that there is nil support for firewire audio on linux which doesn't appear to be resolved any time soon, and I'm more concerned with using freebsd as a basis for a recording studio (portably on a laptop). In particular I'm looking at using an M-Audio firewire device (probably either a Firewire 1814 or a ProFire Lightbridge). M-Audio use the OSS people to provide support for their products, but do they do all of them?Also, if there is no current support, will there be any in the near future? What would be my best course here?Any answers would be appreciated.