USB Problem on a HP Compaq DC7600

Predrag Punosevac punosevac at math.arizona.edu
Tue Aug 28 01:36:21 PDT 2007

Out of curiosity why did you install 6.0 version when there is 6.2
version? Are you trying to do auto mount on usb drive or you mounted
your pan manually. HAL really had issues until maybe half a year ago.
The question is which version of HAL you use.
Do you have usbd_enable="YES" in rc.conf file.(usb  deamon)  I do  not
know if the daemon is behaving differently on older machines.
Try to mount thins manually first. I have intell 945G chipset but that
is the North Bridge. What is your south bridge Chipset?