ports/pvr250 / Hauppauge PVR250 on ECS K7VMM+

usleepless at gmail.com usleepless at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 05:43:21 PDT 2007

Arne,

On 8/21/07, Arne Wörner <arne_woerner at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- usleepless at gmail.com wrote:
> > On 8/21/07, Arne Wörner <arne_woerner at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > throttling is disabled) or it doesnt deliver any data after some minutes
> (I
> > > wrote a C program that detects this kind of stalling, but every time it
> > > happens I loose some seconds of the mpeg stream).
> >
> > is there anything logged to the console when the problems are experienced?
> >
> Sometimes it says this, when the device is closed after it stalled:
> kernel: cxm0: missing encoder EOS
> and then when the device is opened again:
> cxm0: encoder dma already in progress
>
> But when it stalls it says nothing.

how is the picture and sound quality ?

is it sharing an irq? ( not that i am aware that this would be a problem... )

try sticking it into a different slot anyways. it seems to be missing
some of it's interrupts.

otherwise: try http://usleepless.110mb.com/pvrxxx_port.tgz

i doubt that ivtv would do any better. you could try with a livecd though.

regards,

usleep