ports/115428: multimedia/ffmpeg & multimedia/vlc: fix ffmpeg support in VLC

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Aug 12 14:57:27 UTC 2007

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 07:20:07 -0500, Thierry Thomas <thierry at FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> The following reply was made to PR ports/115428; it has been noted by
> GNATS.
>
> From: Thierry Thomas <thierry at FreeBSD.org>
> To: "Mars G. Miro" <marsgmiro at gmail.com>,
> FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
> Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, edwin at FreeBSD.org, jonc at chen.org.nz
> Subject: Re: ports/115428: multimedia/ffmpeg & multimedia/vlc: fix
> ffmpeg support in VLC
> Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:58:28 +0200
>
>  On Sun 12 aug 07 at 12:30:42 +0200, Mars G. Miro <marsgmiro at gmail.com>
>   wrote:
>  > Hi there,
> Hello,
> >  Does this fffmpeg fix fix the problem describe at
>  >
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2007-August/007268.html
>  > ? I'll see if I can test the patch w/in a couple of days, and report
>  > back.
> Yes, this is exactly the same problem: if you try to watch a video
>  stream with VLC, and ffmpeg is not usable, you get a message like:
> main decoder error: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `xxx'.
>  VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.
> xxx being the requested module.

Umm, it sounds like swscaler should be disable by default if it is causing
weird problems with other options?

You have approve to commit on these ports, even include change the default
of swscaler. Thanks!

Cheers,
Mezz

> Regards,
>  --
>  Th. Thomas.

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org