pvrxxx, linux code and modules

Jim Stapleton stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 12:11:17 UTC 2007

On 4/27/07, Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 April 2007 at  8:19:39 -0400, Jim Stapleton wrote:
> >> I think that the Linux drivers do something similar to this, modulo
> >> kernel constraints.  If it's really practical to have this in
> >> userland, having a proper configuration file makes a lot of sense.
> >
> > Should I write some code for it then?
>
> Are you in a position to do that?

The whole driver? No. I wouldn't even know where to start - I've never
been able to figure out other people's code, and that's about the only
"good" source for driver information I've can find. But I could write
the part that reads and analyzes the config file, as well as takes the
id's and returns the tuner's data structure.

-Jim Stapleton