kern/84311: [sound] 82801FB/FR/FW/FRW Intel High Definition Audio not detected in FreeBSD up to 7-current

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 26 08:20:13 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR kern/84311; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ariff Abdullah <ariff at FreeBSD.org>
To: Jason Boisvert <boisvert at colorado.edu>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/84311: [sound] 82801FB/FR/FW/FRW Intel High Definition
 Audio not detected in FreeBSD up to 7-current
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 16:13:20 +0800

 >  From: Jason Boisvert <boisvert at colorado.edu>
 >  To: bugmaster at freebsd.org
 >  Subject: kern/84311
 >
 >  I can confirm the bug from the report below. I tried many alternate
 >  kernel/loader.conf configs and nothing worked.

 First, please help us understand what is your current hardware /
 software configuration, FreeBSD version/release, error messages from
 syslog / dmesg, etc. You have two choices:

  1) Update to latest -current

 _or_

  2) Use 5.x/6.2-RELEASE/STABLE +
       http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/BINARY_MODULES/

 --
 Ariff Abdullah
 FreeBSD

 ... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
     and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........