cx2388x driver?

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Mon Apr 23 18:11:09 UTC 2007

Alexander Leidinger wrote this message on Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 14:17 +0200:
> Quoting John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu> (from Mon, 23
> Apr 2007 00:05:56 -0700):
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I just found out that the ATI HDTV Wonder card I have is based on the
> >cx2388x chip.  I was wondering if someone has a driver or started work
> >on a driver before I do?
> >
> >/me hopes to add a third HD capture card.
>
> What about committing your current driver to the CVS? And we lack a

I plan to, and was thinking about it over the weekend...  The biggest
issue I see is what to do w/ the capture program...  Right now the
program is only useful for FusionHDTV5 Lite cards (and doesn't yet
validate that the card we're attempting to talk to is this card), and
so of limited use...

I guess we need to start somewhere, and once we start getting more
cards supported, moving to a more generic library and capture program
will be inevitable...

> driver for satellite receiver cards... anyone with some ideas
> regarding this?
>
> >P.S. Besides MythTV, does anyone have a good backend to control TV
> >recording?  I've hacked up a web based backend in Python that works
>
> You could have a look at http://www.networkmultimedia.org/ and give it
> a try on FreeBSD. I did see it in action ~4-5 years ago on Linux
> systems when it was in the middle of the core development (there's
> still development, but now it's about new features).

It looks interesting, and the core has a decent license (LGPL)...  I'll
have to play w/ it some...

> >decently well, but there are tons of bugs that I don't have much
> >motivation to fix.  It's working fine w/ the two HD capture cards I
> >currently have, but bugs like corrupting captures when streaming an
> >older capture is a bit anoying.  Plus, I wouldn't mind having something
> >smart enough to remux the programs for me either.
>
> NMM does more than that. Multicast streaming, video walls, on-the-fly

Hmmm...  make an HDTV out of 6 SD TV's and get full res (or almost, a
bit shy on the vertical res).. hehe..

> (re)encoding to serve your PDA, ...

As for PDA, I'm more interested in pre-transcoding for putting onto an
SD card...  BART doesn't have coverage through the tube yet, and my
phone doesn't have enough bandwidth to make it look good..

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579