mutlimedia : snd_hda/driver ; No Sound, not loading properly ; Asus P5B

Rick Nekus solarux at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 16:21:25 UTC 2007

   Hi Ariff,

   Thanks for the quick response, and advise, -yup u're likely right
   regarding vendor bios issues, ... come to think of it now (damn
   hindsight :),

   -disable on-board audio in Bios, and install slightly older
   Soundblaster compatible (or Audigy 1, or 2 ) ? -i think this should
   work for present purposes too.

   -I want to stay with FBSD 6.2 Stable , or 7-Current...,do you
   recommend a good sort-off off the shelf pci-soundcard(s) ? (stereo,...
   is fine) - sorry about this off-topic question, and thanks again.
   regards,

   Rick.