pvrxxx, linux code and modules

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Mon Apr 16 17:36:38 UTC 2007

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:04:18 +0200
usleepless at gmail.com wrote:

> if there are problems with the pvr250-setchannel command, these need
> to be addressed. what errors are you getting?

I totally agree.
The only "problem" I see with the pvr250-setchannel command is the need
to exit the running application (example. mplayer) in order to change
channels. And this "problem" will go away quite soon, I think.

AFAIK, mplayer and most other players have code in them to do channel
changes, so once we get a stable api (which we might already have with
the V4L(2) apiwhich we use?), the remaining work will be to update /
add to that code. Other applicatuions (like MythTV) already do all we
need in the "device control" domain already.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,