pvr-350 not working - how to debug?

Anders Troback freebsd at troback.com
Sun Apr 8 11:29:30 UTC 2007

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 21:35:41 +0200
usleepless at gmail.com wrote:

> anyhow: please test:
>   http://usleepless.110mb.com/pvrxxx_port-07042007.tgz
>
> i got tired of the "not supported tuner" requests and problems. i have
> integrated the linux tuner-module and eeprom-module. so if i am not
> mistaken, now all tuners ( that linux supports ) are supported.
>
> let me know.

Hi,

I have no signal and if I play around with pvr250-setchannel my box
segfaults! I don't know if my card works in Linux...!

dmesg:
cxm0: <Conexant iTVC15 MPEG Coder> mem 0xe8000000-0xebffffff at device
10.0 on pci2 cxm_iic0: <Conexant iTVC15 / iTVC16 I2C controller> on cxm0
iicbb0: <I2C bit-banging driver> on cxm_iic0
iicbus0: <Philips I2C bus> on iicbb0 master-only
tuner type: 4
cxm0: SAA7115 rev 1 video decoder
cxm0: MSP4418G-B3 audio decoder
cxm0: IR Remote
cxm0: [FAST]

uname -a:
FreeBSD tv.troback.com 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #1: Sat Apr  7
23:39:37 CEST 2007     root at tv.troback.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PVR
i386

pvr250-setchannel 7:
cxm0: tuner failed to lock

\\troback

How many Microsoft employees does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None, they declare darkness a new standard.
Anders Trobäck
http://www.troback.com/
-