MythTV - MythWeb works

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 7 02:43:09 UTC 2007

[catching up]

On Monday, 19 March 2007 at  7:44:59 +0100, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:11:04 +1030
> Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
>> - Most of the canned searches don't work.  I think this is an issue
>>   with my listings provider (tvguide.org.au).
>
> Canned searches don't work here either, and never did, AFAIK. The
> reason for that is that tv_grab_no doesn't categorize enough, or
> that the web listing which tv_grab_no uses doesn't provide that
> information.  Most TV programs end up in the "unknown" category
> here...

Right, that's a similar problem here, made worse by the plethora of
listings suppliers who all do their own thing.

I've taken to updating the search definitions, which are stored in
mythweb/modules/tv/canned_searches.conf.php, to suit my own
preferences.  It can't make up for bad input, of course, but it can
help.  Note the function t() in this file: it refers to translations
of the argument, which must be defined in your choice of a file in
mythweb/modules/_shared/lang.

>> - I have three tuners, and in the manual listing searches it displays
>>   each programme once for each tuner, so I have two or three entries
>>   for most programmes.
>
> I have never seen that when doing a search. You just do a manual
> search, right?

Yes.  This seems to be typical.

> Checking... no, I don't see any duplicates  / extra listings.
>
> Hmm, I have two tuners (one pvr-500 card), but have configured my
> system with only one source (TV.xmltv). Do you have several sources?
> Could that be it?

Hmm, possibly.  I'll try that some time when I have plenty of time on
my hands to recover broken databases :-)

Greg