snd_hda silent

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 6 17:11:09 UTC 2007

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 12:58:48 -0400
"Michael W. Lucas" <mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 12:01:37AM +0800, Ariff Abdullah wrote:
> > On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:00:55 -0400
> > "Michael W. Lucas" <mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org> wrote:
> > > I'm running on i386 -current, built 5 April 2007, on a Toshiba
> > > P105. FreeBSD recognizes the sound card, but my speakers are
> > > silent.
> > >
> > Since when?
>
> The laptop is five days old, and I haven't tried sound before.  :-(
>
> > Try disabling ACPI.
>
> That did it, thank you!  Very nice and clear sound.

Obviously disabling acpi is not an option. You should try dumping its
DSDT and recompile it (acpidump/iasl). Treat any warnings/errors with
extreme prejudice, and try to fix it.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........