snd_hda on Dell Inspirion 1300 and output jacks

Thu Sep 28 02:42:40 PDT 2006

Quoting Dennis Melentyev <dennis.melentyev at gmail.com> (from Thu, 28
Sep 2006 08:23:39 +0000):

> Hi Ariff,
>
>> Since you're using 6-X, just grab the binary from
>>
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/HDA/kmod/
>
> Well, today's binaries work perfect with output.

Can someone please post a table which lists what works where and what
not? Ideally it would be something like this:

|| chipset || output || recording || mixer ||

Or something like this. I don't know if we should add the name of the
chipset or the PCI IDs or something else. Maybe there's other stuff we
should list. Feel free to tell me. In case of problems feel free to
describe them instead of only YES or NO entries in the table.

I want to add this (if you are generating the table and you have write
access there, feel free to do it yourself) to
http://wiki.FreeBSD.org/soundsystem so that people see what is already
supported and what not (so the column seperators I use above is
already in the format our wiki expects them...).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
The label "all new," "completely new" or "great news"
means the price went way way up.