Improvements in the soundsystem

Brent Casavant b.j.casavant at ieee.org
Sun Sep 24 11:50:50 PDT 2006

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> Quoting Eric Masson <e-masson at kisoft-services.com> (Sun, 24 Sep 2006 19:14:27 +0200):
>
> > Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net> writes:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > > Very rudimentary: http://wiki.FreeBSD.org/soundsystem
> >
> > Regarding midi, what about HPS' umidi ?
>
> Hans Petter, could you please have a look at the wiki and add 1-2
> sentences (or more) about your umidi there?

At first I thought this was "HP's" umidi, which got me to thinking
that SGI IRIX has a long-established MIDI API, which I believe has
been used in a variety of professional applications.  It might be worth
studying that API for ideas/gotchas.

Searching for "MIDI" at http://techpubs.sgi.com/ in the IRIX 6.5
category will bring up quite a bit of documentation, including
man pages for the API.

Brent

--
Brent Casavant			Dance like everybody should be watching.
www.angeltread.org