DVB-S under FreeBSD

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Tue Sep 12 08:06:39 PDT 2006

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:49:42 +0300
Konstantin Dimitrov <kosio.dimitrov at gmail.com> wrote:

> DVB-T (used in Europe for terrestrial transmission of digital
> television) and ATSC both use MPEG-2 Transport Stream, so i'm
> guessing if demodulator datasheet is available, maybe HDTVFusion5
> Lite card can be initialized in DVB-T mode also to be used in Europe.

I wouldn't think so, the ATSC and DVB-T product lines from DVICO seems
different: http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/ENG/Products/
(but I'm no expert)

Wikipedia doesn't give a clear picture either, in how (in)compatble
these two standards are:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATSC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVB-T

DVB-T are beginning to show up as test transmissions here in Norway, in
major cities.
--
Regards
Torfinn Ingolfsen,