DVB-S under FreeBSD

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Mon Sep 11 14:41:15 PDT 2006

Konstantin Dimitrov wrote this message on Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 11:59 +0300:
> 1) based on Conexant chip like cards from Twinhan and DViCO, because of the
> bktr driver, maybe it will be most likely to be supported

There are two Conexant chips, the old Bt878 based chips, and the newer
CX2388x based cards...  The ones based on Bt878 are already supported by
the bktrau driver and capture program that are in perforce...  The CX2388x
is a different beast, and will require a different driver...  I choose
not to try to use this as the boards based upon it are more expensive...

The DViCO HDTVFusion5 Lite cards can be had for <$100...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579