HDA driver test on Dell Inspirion 1300

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Mon Sep 11 07:52:36 PDT 2006

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 07:00:17 +0000
"Dennis Melentyev" <dennis.melentyev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, Fn-keys for controlling the sound are dead, but this could be a
> complenely different issue, not related to the sound driver at all.

cool re. the driver :)

usually the fn-keys issue ACPI events for devd to handle. On my Thinkpad,
acpi_ibm takes care of it. There are relevant sysctl which, interestingly
enough, dont seem to get updated ... but that could be because I choose to
handle the devd events myself...

not sure which acpi module you'd use in a dell...

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that
take our breath away.

Warned.