Oddity in snd_uaudio(4) driver?

Kazuhito HONDA kazuhito at ph.noda.tus.ac.jp
Fri Sep 8 19:27:27 PDT 2006

Hello,

The subject of my previous mail includes `***SPAM***'.
My spam filter struck this tag.
I'll resend this mail since none read my previous mail.

> Quoting Ed Schouten <ed at fxq.nl> (from Thu, 7 Sep 2006 13:38:20 +0200):
> >
> > If we would rewrite this code to something more basic, let's say we
> > rename 'speed' to 'x' and the UA_SAMP_ macros to some predefined
> > variables:
> >
> > | 	if (x >= 10 && x <= 20) {
> > | 	} else if (x < 10) {
> > | 	} else if (x < 20) {
> > | 	}

In this example, UA_SAMP_ macros are exchanged to some constants.
But UA_SAMP_ macros don't have any predefined constants.

uaudio.c is a general driver for USB audio devices.
Each USB audio device has peculiar sampling rates.
They are different from those of another device.
UA_SAMP_macros give the peculiar sampling rates.
They can't be exchanged to some constants.