FreeBSD DV howto?

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Oct 18 20:11:09 UTC 2006

In message: <20061018102300.GB13427 at hpc.local>
            Yuri Pankov <y.pankov at irbis.net.ru> writes:
: On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 02:09:55PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > In message: <20061017125350.A14616 at pkunk.americas.sgi.com>
: >             Brent Casavant <b.j.casavant at ieee.org> writes:
: > : On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > :
: > : > Like I said, kino gives a bus error when i run it.  Like right away,
: > : > before it can even completely paint the screen.
: > :
: > : Ah, I misunderstood.  I had run into problems trying to get Kino
: > : to capture from the camera, which is what I assumed you meant.  I
: > : didn't realize it was crashing on startup.
: > :
: > : I can't help you much there, other than to note I currently have
: > : Kino working on two different systems (6.0-RELEASE, and 6.1-RELEASE).
: > : If at some point it would help to see a list of my installed ports,
: > : I'd be more than happy to oblige.
: >
: > I've been running bleeding edge current.  Maybe I need to do (yet
: > another) portupgrade -avf?
: >
: > Warner
:
: Just a guess: it's uninitialized pointer, caught by malloc debug in -CURRENT (should look like 0x5a5a5a5a5a5a5a... in gdb's output).
: You can try to run Kino with this feature turned off (ln -sf 'aj' /etc/malloc.conf).

Alas, no joy.

Warner