New port: pvrxxx for Hauppauge PVR150/500

B Briggs rcbdyndns at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 14 16:57:39 PDT 2006

Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 03:13:54 -0500
> B Briggs <rcbdyndns at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>> There is also an approximately 20 second delay after kldload cxm, and
>
> Kind of scary, isn't it? :-)
> Anyway, I guess that is the firmware upload, so I guess it is something
> we'll have to live with.
>
> HAND

Yes, according to usleep, it is. But when I reboot into my win2k
partition to use the device, there is also a long delay, albeit, it
doesn't let me know what's happening, so I assume it's doing same.

The last time I timed it, it was 27 seconds without a prompt.

I haven't looked at the code, but maybe it could query the eeprom to see
what the revision is, then skip the firmware upload if it doesn't need
updating.

If the box is up 24/7 normally, the delay isn't so bad; but using
FreeBSD, I'm just not used to that big of a lag - you're right - 'kind
of scary'.

--
B Briggs