New port: pvrxxx for Hauppauge PVR150/500

Rick C. Petty rick-freebsd at kiwi-computer.com
Fri Oct 13 08:23:54 PDT 2006

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 09:30:15AM -0500, B Briggs wrote:

> However, I'm having a slight problem. Steps I took to build, maybe I
> forgot something:
>
> 1. Had to edit the distinfo file.
> 2. make (fails because of patch)
> 3. make patch-iicbb
> 4. make install (works)
> 5. rebuilt and installed new kernel, rebooted

Maybe it's not clear, but the proper steps are:

1. "make patch-iicbb"
2. rebuild & install new kernel.  reboot sometime before step 5
3. copy file off CD.
4. "make install"
5. load cxm drivers

Not sure why you had to edit the distinfo file, what precisely did you have
to do?

> 6. Here's my error messages:
>
> bbriggs# kldload cxm_iic
> bbriggs# kldload cxm
> cxm0: <Conexant iTVC16 MPEG Coder> mem 0xdc000000-0xdfffffff irq 10 at
> device 3.
> 0 on pci0
> cxm_iic0: <Conexant iTVC15 / iTVC16 I2C controller> on cxm0
> iicbb0: <I2C bit-banging driver> on cxm_iic0
> iicbus0: <Philips I2C bus> on iicbb0 master-only
> tuner code 99
> cxm0: unknown tuner code 0x63
> tuner_type = -1
> cxm0: could not initialize tuner
> iicbus0: detached
> iicbb0: detached
> cxm_iic0: detached
> device_attach: cxm0 attach returned 6
>
> I used the files straight off the Hauppauge installation CD, which shows
> version 2.3 on the front. Did I miss anything?

This has nothing to do with the file on the CD but that the driver doesn't
know about your tuner.  The pvr500 comes with one of many different types
of tuners.  I suspect you have a different tuner than has been tested thus
far.  I'm sure usleep can make a suggestion at this point.

-- Rick C. Petty