New port: pvrxxx for Hauppauge PVR150/500

Rick C. Petty rick-freebsd at kiwi-computer.com
Wed Oct 11 13:18:21 PDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 09:23:59PM +0200, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:

> I tried 'pvr250-setchannel -t -d 0 -g 720x576 -m 4 5', followed by
>
> 'mplayer /dev/cxm0'

Just FYI, I've had problems when doing that instead of:

	cat /dev/cxm0 > somefile.mpg &
	mplayer somefile.mpg

For some reason, there is a buffering issue when using mplayer directly.
Giving mplayer just a fraction of a second delay makes everything work
better.  By not working, I mean that the picture starts out very choppy but
the sound is just fine, then I hear & see a glitch in the stream and then
the sound disappears and the video is fine.

Other than that, I have NTSC tuners so I can't help you much.  :(

-- Rick C. Petty