kern/99920: [snd_ich] Not support integrated audio on ICH7R chip (P5WD2 motherboard).

Alexander Leidinger netchild at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 7 11:29:34 PDT 2006

Synopsis: [snd_ich] Not support integrated audio on ICH7R chip (P5WD2 motherboard).

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: netchild
State-Changed-When: Sat Oct 7 18:29:18 UTC 2006
State-Changed-Why:
Support for High Definition Audio (HDA) is committed to -current.

A driver for 6.1 is available too, see
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2006-October/004908.html
for more.

Please test and report back if it works for you. It would be great if your
report would look like:
---snip---
Success
-------
Hardware/chipset: Compaq Presario V3000 series

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=3190957&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us
        Playback: Works flawlessly
       Recording: Works flawlessly
 Specific Issues: None. It works out of the box, including analog CD.
 Special request: None.
   Verbose dmesg:
                  pcm0: <NVidia MCP51 High Definition Audio
Controller> mem 0xc0000000-0xc0003fff irq 10 at device 16.1 on pci0
                  pcm0: <HDA Codec: Conexant Venice>
                  pcm0: <HDA Driver Revision: 20060929_0025>
                  (optional, you don't have to include those boring
                  and uneventfull kernel noises since the driver
                  already works for you)

Failure
-------
Hardware/chipset: Karipap series
                  http://www.karipap.com/
        Playback: NONE!
       Recording: NONE!
 Specific Issues: I would rather amaze if this works since it is a
                  food to begin with.
 Special request: I can donate this to you, but even so, you can buy
                  it at the nearest food stall for an RM 0.50
   Verbose dmesg:
                  (please put your _verbose_ dmesg here)
---snip---