Help with snd_hda

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 6 08:58:04 PDT 2006

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 12:48:25 -0300
"Prof. João Henrique G. Borges" <jhgb at logatti.edu.br> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a Acer Aspire 1640Z notebook.
> In last 4 days I've used my soundcard due to big job done by Mr.
> Ariff Abdullah.
> Trying to make my DVD recorder to work, I'd recompile my FreeBSD 6.1
> kernel. Mute, my notebook is mute with the following message error
> on trying to load snd_hda.ko: "link_elf: symbol mix_setparentchild
> undefined". Searchs in Google returned not a useful information.
>
> Please, can anybody give a tip to solve this question?

You're using my binary kmod, right? If so, you seems not following the
instructions correctly.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2006-September/004864.html

I said _both_ sound.ko, not just snd_hda.ko .

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........