Support for High Definition Audio (Controller) is in the tree.

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Mon Oct 2 09:35:12 PDT 2006

> Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 23:39:26 +0800
> From: Ariff Abdullah <ariff at FreeBSD.org>
>
> On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 08:15:27 -0700
> "Kevin Oberman" <oberman at es.net> wrote:
> > <aol>Me too!</aol>
> >
> > My T43 with ICH6 AC'97 stopped working over the weekend. No errors,
> > but no sound at all. xmms appears to be playing normally, just
> > without sound. My system looks almost exactly like Rainer's T42.
> >
> > FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
> > Installed devices:
> > pcm0: <Intel ICH6 (82801FB)> at io 0xb0000800, 0xb0000400 irq 11
> > bufsz 16384 kld snd_ich (1p/1r/1v channels duplex default)
> >

> I've just backout the changes. Please update your sources (sorry).
>
> Make sure "vol", "ogain", and "phout" works as expected, or even
> better, have considerable improvement.
>

> Btw, Kevin, I've read your mail about your problem. It is just that I
> don't have much time right now. Hope to get in touch with that sooner.
>

> Thanks for being an active testers :)
>
> --

Thanks, Ariff.

I'm still waiting for our CVS mirror to update, but I'll re-build the
module and let you know if it's fixed shortly!

And thanks for remembering my other problem. The systems that behave
that was are a real pain and I don't know how many are left. (We have
about 6 of them left in service and all are scheduled for replacement in
the next few months.)
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)