Fwd: Re: PVR250 hanging

Randy Pratt bsd-unix at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 29 10:12:58 UTC 2006

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:25:27 -0800 (PST)
"R. B. Riddick" <arne_woerner at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Randy Pratt <bsd-unix at earthlink.net> wrote:
> > On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:26:15 -0800 (PST) "R. B. Riddick"
> > <arne_woerner at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Try
> > >   dd if=/dev/cxm0 of=/tmp/bla ibs=1m
> > > Or
> > >   dd if=/dev/cxm0 of=/tmp/bla bs=1m
> > > ???
> > >
> > > I wrote a little C program, that does this quite nicely even over a
> > > network without crashes... If u want, I can send it to the list...
> > > It is quite short...
> > >
> > Yes, I would like to see the program you wrote since I have made some
> > progress in getting the pvr250 working in another box on my local
> > network. I was thinking of just doing scripts but it seems you have
> > taken it a bit further.
> >
> And the "dd bs=1m"-trick did not help on ur 800-box?

I didn't see any difference when I tried that unfortunately.  It seems
to get a few seconds of video then stops.  I also always see an entry
in /var/log/messages:

	kernel: cxm0: missing encoder EOS

> The program is in the attachment (hopefully).
> A little help is included...
> Just unpack it _INSIDE_ a fresh directory with "tar xjf dd2.tbz".
> Then type "make install" (nothing will be installed, just compiling and
> install-info shows up...).

Thank you.  I'll take a look at it more toward the weekend.  I
appreciate your comments and code!

Randy