Starting Skype

Stefan Lambrev stefan.lambrev at sun-fish.com
Fri Nov 10 09:29:06 UTC 2006

Sorry I was away from the pc that have this problem but I'll test ASAP,
and let you know.

It is weird because on the same configuration, but amd64 it works perfect.

I posted once before on stable at freebsd so here is brief of ktrace (but
only from the main skype proc)

4306 skype_bin RET   getdomainname 0
 4306 skype_bin CALL  getdomainname(0xbfbfd540,0)
 4306 skype_bin RET   getdomainname 0
 4306 skype_bin CALL  getdomainname(0xbfbfd540,0)
 4306 skype_bin RET   getdomainname 0
 4306 skype_bin CALL  getdomainname(0xbfbfd540,0)
 4306 skype_bin RET   getdomainname 0
 4306 skype_bin CALL  getdomainname(0xbfbfd540,0)

and this is after kill -9 :)

4305  p3  IN     0:00.00 /bin/sh /usr/X11R6/bin/skype
4306  p3  DE     0:02.43 skype_bin
4332  p3  D      0:00.11 skype_bin
4342  p3  D      0:00.00 skype_bin

I guess that there is no problem with accessing sound as normal user,
and the problem shouldn't be in linux emu, because linux-doom3 runs
perfect with the same user :)

Here is a ktrace.out made before 1-2 weeks:

http://cheffo.freebsd-bg.org/ktrace.out.bz2

The problem start after upgrading freebsd to latest (at this time)
RELENG_6, and skype was working before
so I do not think my /etc/hosts is the problem here :)

--
Best Wishes,
Stefan Lambrev