Problems with -current + HDA + new Dell D620

Amar Takhar verm at darkbeer.org
Sun Nov 5 02:47:37 UTC 2006

On 2006-11-04 15:14 -0800, Doug Barton wrote:

> Ok, thanks. I am using xine right now to listen to a CD, and it works
> fine. Makes me sad to say good-bye to the wmcdplay dockapp icon that's
> been on my desktop for a decade though....

XMMS supports digital audio extraction...

  Preferences -> Audio I/O Plugins -> CD Audio Player -> Device -> \
  Play mode -> Digital audio extraction

I've used it in this mode for many years..  If you have good enough headphones
or speakers you'll notice the lack of EM interference bleeding through the
little copper connector :)

audio/wmusic is pretty much like wmcdplay I belive (it's been ages since I last
saw it).  wmusic will let you control XMMS and shows status.

Amar.