Call for testing: emu10kx driver for Creative sound cards

Yuriy Tsibizov Yuriy.Tsibizov at gfk.ru
Mon May 22 23:36:45 PDT 2006

> > This driver can replace emu10k1 driver. Older version of this
> > driver was available from ports (audio/emu10kx).
>
> [snipped for brevity ]
>
> Talk about uncanny timing!  I've been thinking of replacing my
> soundcard for a while now.  This looks pretty exciting, especially the
> MIDI support.
"evennewermidi" patch needs someone to take care about it - it was not updated for two years!

> Which of the Creative cards would you recommend as "best"?
> I'd love to
> try this!
I'm not shure what you can find in your local shops... "Audigy 4 Pro" (SB0380), "Audigy 2 Value"
(SB0400) and "Audigy 4" (SB0610) should be possible to find new.

You may have to ask salesperson let you look at sound card chipset - it should start with "CA"
and should not end on "-DAT".

X-Fi series seems to use another DSP, they will not work.

Yuriy.