High Definition Audio driver

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Mon May 22 13:30:02 UTC 2006

On Thu, 18 May 2006 12:36:42 +0200 (CEST)
Oliver Fromme <olli at lurza.secnetix.de> wrote:

> Hans Nieser <h.nieser at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>  > Norberto Meijome wrote:
>  > > On Wed, 17 May 2006 15:45:15 +0700
>  > > "Angka H. K." <harikurniawan at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > >
>  > > > Please make it work
>  > > > I'll be very hapy to test it
>  > >
>  > > same here - thanks a lot Stephane! :)
>  > > B
>  >
>  > Here's another "me too" :)
>
> And while you are waiting for the driver to arrive, you
> can use 4front's OSS driver from www.opensound.com.
> They support various chips in HDA mode (including the
> intel ICH* and nForce) on FreeBSD.  It's not open-source,
> but at least it's free for personal use.

I'm glad it work for your Oliver - I'm in the same boat as Hans N and **MANY**
that can't get the HDA sound card to work with the OSS drivers due to serious
issues (well, it panics :) ). shared interrupts, and I can't figure out WHAT
it's sharing it's interrupts with ... :-/
the next item in my oss to-do (whenever I get around to get back into testing
it) is to try and older version of the oss driver - it seems the latest one is
more prone to problems.

beto