Seeking advice on a video camera for FreeBSD

mag at intron.ac mag at intron.ac
Fri May 12 10:28:14 UTC 2006

     Unfortunately, as I know, now FreeBSD supports only BrookTree 848/878
PCI video capture card. This means that only a TV-compatible video camera
can be used with the card, working with FreeBSD.

     Now VIMICRO (http://www.vimicro.com/), a Chinese company, has a large
market share of cheap USB video camera chip all over the world. Its Linux
driver is being expected to be ported to FreeBSD.
(http://mxhaard.free.fr/spca5xx.html)

                                                From Beijing, China