snd_ich garbled audio

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Wed May 10 06:33:03 UTC 2006

Hi,
I have a
pcm0: <Intel ICH4 (82801DB)> at io 0xf4fff800, 0xf4fff400 irq 9 bufsz 16384 kld snd_ich (1p/1r/4v channels duplex default)
and it used to work fine, but a little while ago (I am dumb and didn't note
when), I find that sometimes audio is garbled.

It is not totally garbled and doesn't happen all the time but it is almost
like the endianess is wrong, or something similar as it only affects loud-ish
sounds..

It's a crap bug report I know, but I am finding it very difficult to quatify :(

This is -current running on a Dell Inspiron 8600.

PS please CC me as I am not subscribed.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum