Multi-channel sound output

Hans-Werner Braun hwb at hpwren.ucsd.edu
Mon May 1 00:53:02 UTC 2006

Thank you for your response. I posted a followon email a little while
ago that emu10kx works (actually, the February snapshot version). It
turns them into individual devices, like:

 Apr 30 13:13:40 mcr kernel: pcm0: <EMU10Kx DSP FRONT PCM Interface> on emu10kx0
 Apr 30 13:13:40 mcr kernel: pcm0: <SigmaTel STAC9750/51 AC97 Codec>
 Apr 30 13:13:40 mcr kernel: pcm1: <EMU10Kx DSP REAR PCM Interface> on emu10kx0
 Apr 30 13:13:40 mcr kernel: pcm2: <EMU10Kx DSP CENTER PCM Interface> on emu10kx0
 Apr 30 13:13:40 mcr kernel: pcm3: <EMU10Kx DSP SUBWOOFER PCM Interface> on emu10kx0

but the baudline spectrum analyzer is able to deal with that.

Too bad if the driver author stopped working on it, it is pretty neat.
I had tried emailing him a few times, but no response.

Hans-Werner