Poor sound quality with snd_via8233 > snd_ich

Markus Brueffer markus at brueffer.de
Thu Mar 23 09:43:02 UTC 2006

Am Wednesday 22 March 2006 09:05 schrieb Angka H. K.:
> Is it correct when I update the system I do the following :
>
>    1. cvsuped to RELENG_6
>    2. make buildworld
>    3. make kernel
>    4. mergemaster -p
>    5. mergemaster

The correct procedure is documented in /usr/src/Makefile:

# For individuals wanting to upgrade their sources (even if only a
# delta of a few days):
#
#  1.  `cd /usr/src'       (or to the directory containing your source tree).
#  2.  `make buildworld'
#  3.  `make buildkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE'     (default is GENERIC).
#  4.  `make installkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE'   (default is GENERIC).
#  5.  `reboot'        (in single user mode: boot -s from the loader prompt).
#  6.  `mergemaster -p'
#  7.  `make installworld'
#  8.  `make delete-old'
#  9.  `mergemaster'
# 10.  `reboot'
# 11.  `make delete-old-libs' (in case no 3rd party program uses them anymore)

Markus

--
Markus Brueffer    | GPG-Key: http://people.FreeBSD.org/~markus/markus.asc
markus at brueffer.de | FP: 3F9B EBE8 F290 E5CC 1447 8760 D48D 1072 78F8 A8D4