envy24 support

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Thu Mar 16 18:56:20 UTC 2006

Damian Gerow wrote this message on Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:44 -0500:
> : > help speed up the development?  (I'd write the driver myself, but I don't
> : > know enough C.)
> :
> : Feel free to learn C. Once you understand pointers and pointer
> : arithmetic, the hard part is done.
>
> Well, I've got most of the hard part done, then.  I guess it's just a matter
> of figuring out how to write a device driver.

Then come to BSDcan and attend my presentation on how to write a FreeBSD
device driver.  Most people assume it's a lot more difficult than it
is...  I won't be covering interfacing to the sound system, but the most
of the rest will be there..  Also, many times, it's easiest to simply
crib from another device driver...  My bktrau driver was cribbed from
my zoran drive, which was cribbed from the bktr driver.. :)

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579